Sunday, May 23, 2010

Monster Trek ... and confusion

While there has not been any official confirmation I have been closely watching the gps trackers for most of the day and I'll be the first to speculate that Blackheart have regained the lead. They had a super trek and were completing the final section of the stage about 15 min behind the leading team Orion after making up more than 2 hours earlier on. This was the 2nd 24+ hour leg for the team in a row and I bet they love the look of their bikes after not seeing them since before mid camp at 6:55am on Friday morning!

They are now about an hour into the final bike leg of the race. In a strange situation it seems Orion have gone North and Blackheart South on leaving the transition area. This post is only speculation and there still a very long way to go (my guess 24-36 hours). Hopefully I'll get an update soon but the transition area doesn't seem to have any phone reception. GO TEAM!

No comments: